Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reboot Diet- Day 5


Today was another good day in the sense that I did not dwell on food too much. I was busy at work and I had a 16 ounce to go juice that I took with me for the afternoon. The afternoon juice was tasty (carrots, celery, kale, apples, pears, lemon, lime, and ginger). Actually it was quite invigorating. I felt like I had drank a big red bull or something. It was interesting.

This evening was our last regular meal before the next cycle of the reboot diet (meal pictured above). Tomorrow we start the juicing only phase for 5 days. I had been worried about it but then after sipping my afternoon juice and feeling all that energy, I realized that as long as I prepare enough juices to take with me to work, I should be OK. Plus I learned that I can have coconut water during the juicing. Since I have never had coconut water, I think the novelty should help keep me going and provide some variety.

I do have to get up early tomorrow to start washing and cutting all my vegetables. It does not take too long to do the actual juicing but the preparation and cleanup does take a little time. I likely will be juicing for one tomorrow morning as Melissa will be working from home and can do her juices on demand.

When we decided on the date to start our Reboot diet, we worked it out so that our swim days would be eating days. There would just not be enough time in the morning to do all the necessary juicing. And I think that was a good decision. However one thing we realized was that we would be in the juicing phase of the diet when we go to a Saturday evening party. The invite says food and drink will be provided and it starts at 6PM. That should be interesting. I will have to juice up an interesting green drink to take with me. Only with Melissa's approval of course. The party is an end of the season party being thrown by our swim coach who won Ironman Canada in 2005 and there will be lots of triathletes at the party so hopefully there will be some understanding about our diet and they won't think we are-in the words of Andy Sipowicz- whack jobs.

Tune in tomorrow as I describe my first day of juicing. It should be interesting. To me anyways.


1 comment:

allenq said...

By the time you read this, you will have already begun your "juicing only" phase. From the sound of this post, it seems as though it might not feel as depriving as it might seem to be.
I read your response to my comment yesterday and I agree that most eating experts say that we do not need to eat as much or as frequently as we do. Never the less, our appetites are a hard taskmaster and they certainly make us miserable for the first 3 days of starvarion. I've heard that after that the craving subsides somewhat. But I, for one, will never go hungry long enough to find out!!