Friday, January 21, 2011

End of the Work Week

Looking back on the work week, I got a good start to my training. I have to be careful not to ramp up too much all at once. So far, I have done pretty well. Wednesday morning was swim practice with Pro K. We did lots of kick drills and we got to swim with fins which is always fun because it makes me seem fast.

On Thursday I did another 30 minute time trial workout on the bike trainer. This time around was even harder because the first time through the other day, the DVD stopped and I just winged it with my watch. Little did I know that there were some minor changes for the last 2 sets and a bonus set. My legs were burning, my lungs were heaving, and my heart was racing. After my ride, I did a 2.5 mile run around the neighborhood. Finally I finished up with Ab Ripper X.

Friday after work, Melissa and I had planned to stretch but she has some sort of mild flu. She has not been sick in at least 5 years, probably more. I really do believe if she was not as healthy as she is, her symptoms would be worse. Not that she does not feel bad, because she does but as far as flu goes, it is more on the mild side. She is hungry but does not feel like eating. I hooked her up with some toast and a fresh juice (carrot, apple, ginger, lemon, and lime).

So instead of stretching, I did P90X Chest and Back. I had a great workout. After these workouts always feel so strong. They are quite invigorating workouts. Afterwards, I had a nice protein shake before settling down to making dinner for one. Hopefully after a good night sleep, Melissa will be back to normal.

Tomorrow morning we start our 10K training with Team Epiphany at our church. Melissa will have to skip it. It is supposed to be about 15 degrees and she will need her rest. After I run with the team, I plan to head to the JCC to swim. Beyond those two workouts, I am not sure how the rest of the day will pan out. But I will let you know.




3 comments:

M Rosen said...

I actually think it is food poisoning from that lousy lunch on Thursday.

Rachel Chieppa said...

Glad to hear you're better, Missy!

Sounds like you had a good few workouts at week's end. I'm sure it will be fun training with your fellow church members! Keep us posted on that progress as well!

allenq said...

Looks like the serious training has kicked in! Just as you said it would after Reboot.
That Thurs workout sounded rigorous!!