Friday, January 14, 2011

Reboot Diet- Day 12 and 13


(Tonight's Dinner)

I ran out of time yesterday to blog about my experiences on day 12 of the diet so I will combine both days into one post tonight.

Day 12 was much better overall than day 11. My lunch on day 12 was tastier and healthier than the terrible salad I had at Carinis. I had brought leftovers in for lunch from dinner the night before. That was much better and much more nourishing. Having healthy food makes a big difference on how I feel and I am very sensitive to what I eat, now more than ever.

After work yesterday we had a nice green juice before going to the JCC to talk to someone in the membership department about joining up. They gave us 10 day passes that we will start using tomorrow. Rather than get up at 6AM and pay the nearly $2 in tolls to drive down to the southside for our morning swim, we will instead sleep until about 7:30 and then make a shorter trip to the JCC to swim. I am looking forward to trying out the new pool. New to us that is.

Today was also a pretty good day. I had a decent salad at Red Lobster. It was a co-workers last day and a bunch of us went out to lunch one last time before he departed. I had the side salad but I had them swap out the regular iceberg lettuce for romaine lettuce which made it much better. The vegetables on the salad were decent so for $2.09 I had a decent lunch. The salad was was not very big and there was lots of fried and fattening food all around me which was not really hard but also not exactly the best way to enjoy my lunch. After we got back to work, there was cake, soda, pretzels, and chips for our farewell gathering for my co-worker. I, of course, did not eat any of it. Luckily I had a banana at my desk so after all that was said and done, I had my banana and I had my coconut water.

After work, I did a P90X workout-"Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper X" for those of you familiar with P90X workouts. I have decided I am going to do P90X again. But I am not going to do it everyday and I am not going to do every workout. I am going to substitute different leg exercises for "Legs and Back" and just work in some extra pullups. I have leg exercises that my physical therapist prescribed for me and I am going to go back to doing those as they are not hard on my knees. I will probably also not do Kenpo X all that often and I will not do Plyometrics all that often-again because it is hard on my knees.

I will probably end up doing P90X upper body and core workouts 1 to 3 times a week once I start ramping up my biking, swimming, and running. But I will follow the program as if I was doing it every day. That is, I will do them in the order laid out in the program. But as I shift my focus to triathlon training, I won't have time to do them each day. Plus we want to continue to do yoga and stretching which will also take some time. Speaking of Yoga, the guy who won Ironman 2010 World Championship says he does Yoga 3 times a week. I try to model my workout routines around these guys who win. Why not. If it works for them, maybe it will work for me. Not that I will ever "win" anything. But if it helps me do my absolute best, I am all for it.

Finally, while writing my blog tonight, I took a break to register for my first road triathlon. First I had to register for a one year membership to USA Triathlon (USAT) and while I was at it, I took them up on the free USAT Training DVD (of course I had to pay the $6.95 shipping which is where they make their money). So now I am officially signed up for two races. Tomorrow another race opens up and I plan to sign up for that one too.


2 comments:

allenq said...

You are so right about the shipping! They all make at least half of their profit on that!
At this point, you two have had several weeks practice at being around tasty (because it's fatty and salty)foods, snacks, etc. and needing to ignore them. My sense has always been that to make a success of ignoring the fattening foods which surround us daily, one would have to commit to a total lifestyle change, as you two have done, and then have the discipline to stick to it.
It looks like you have made a good start! And it looks like Reboot will have been a good booster tool to aid you in this!

Rachel Chieppa said...

The JCC is nice! I took Jazzercise there several years ago. Sounds like a good option for you guys! Keep up the good work!