Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday's Workout

My workouts today were pretty good. I woke up and ate an orange, a banana, a Lara Bar, and had a protein shake with my new plant based protein powder, some almond milk, and two bananas. I think that combination of fuels really helped during my 1 hour bike ride. Both the Lara Bars, the almond milk, and the protein powder were off the menu during the reboot diet.

After my ride, I did a 2 mile run. It has been a while since I have run. It was a good run but just slightly boring really. It was a dreary and cold day and I think that made it less than exciting. It is good to be running again though.

After my run, I did many leg extensions on the leg extension machine as well as some exercises I learned in physical therapy last year. Then it was time for the ice.

After my 15 minutes of icing, we went to Whole Foods for lunch and to get some groceries. It was nice to eat some vegetable fried rice and I got to add walnuts and sunflower seeds to my big green leafy salad. Again these were items not on the menu during the diet. For dessert I had a couple of bite sized vegetarian spring rolls. Delicious!

After our trip to the store, we did 90 minutes of P90X Yoga which is hard but so very beneficial. I am very glad that we did it.

I have yet to put together a training plan which means I will likely not be waking up early to workout tomorrow. I may try to get up a little early to do a nice juice or two though.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

allenq said...

Food, glorious food!!!
Now onward and upward to the workout routines!