Thursday, December 15, 2011

Feels like a Rest Day

This morning during cycling class, I felt pretty good up until we started doing the T-Max Absolute Power drills. It was then that I could feel the effects of Wednesday night's hill repeats. I did not quite have the gas to red line it like I have in the past. I still feel like I got a great workout and I am gradually progressing.

I think since I slept in on Wednesday and slept well last night, today almost felt like a rest day. I had the cycling class but then I had nothing scheduled for after work. My legs are not sore and I felt relaxed and alert all day. For some reason or another, it almost feels like a rest day.

My actual rest day is tomorrow. Having a rest day on Friday is nice because usually by the end of the work week, I am pretty tired and ready for a break. Another good reason to rest on Friday is to prepare for the busy weekend. This particular weekend will be very busy.

Saturday morning we have cycling class and then I have a 2:45 hour trail run. After refueling, I then have a little more shopping to do and some presents to wrap. Later we have a Christmas party to attend. And of course as I mentioned before, Sunday night we are going out with friends for dinner. I think I mentioned it.

There are 7 disciplines involved in Triathlon. Swimming, biking, and running are the obvious ones of course. Then there is transition, nutrition, and pacing. Finally, one of the most important and often overlooked parts of training for triathlon is recovery. With that, I must say goodnight.

1 comment:

allenq said...

My computer finally back on line!!!

That's very interesting. I never thought of any more than 3 disciplines.