Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Final Doctors Appointment?

Tomorrow I have a follow up appointment with the knee surgeon. I have been looking forward to this day as I see it as a milestone. I am hoping this will be my last appointment with the doctor. I am also hoping to get a thorough exam and a prognosis about when I will be able to run again. Also I want to get his opinion on my Physical Therapy. Do I need to continue doing the same exercises every day? Can I start doing other things? What can I expect to be able to do in the next couple of months? These are all questions I have for the doctor. The biggest question however will be whether the doctor actually is amenable to some question and answers. Sometimes the doctors are in such a big hurry and they seem to rush through the appointment not really leaving any window for questions. I am not sure I will get what I am looking for and more than likely I will be disappointed. But I am going to try to be positive tomorrow and do my best to ask questions. Don't hold your breath though.

3 comments:

allenq said...

Joanie and I can completely empathize with your feelings towards the doctor. Apparently it isn't just older people who feel the doctor is trying to rush them thru.

Jim Rosen said...

Wait wait wait. And then rush, rush, rush. It is always the same. It is like a factory sometimes. Oh well. I am not sure what I can do but try to pause the doctor having a quizzical look on my face while I think of a question and hope that he takes pity on me.

Jim Rosen said...

I left out a word. It should say, "try to pause the doctor BY having a quizzical look on my face."