Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Road to Recovery - Day 1

Road to Recovery - Day 1

I have had a pesky hamstring injury for quite some time but have also been busy with some family commitments which have required lots of travel back and forth between Richmond and Northern VA. I have been able to get a bike ride in about once a week while up there but have not really been doing much other than lamenting the fact that I can't run. 

Today, I started on my road to recovery. It all started with assuming the standing position at work rather than sitting all day. I have a nice adjustable standup desk but have been a bit sitting more than ever due to my mood. Last night before bed, I put my desk in the standing position in anticipation of standing today. 

After work, I rode my bike to Bryan Park and did some short hill repeats followed by Pilates and then some lower body weight lifting. I have an immediate goal of being able to do an easy run in two weeks. My plan is to continue with strength training, Pilates, yoga, etc. I also am going to try to tighten up my diet. Another goal is to quit drinking Red Bull again although I don't seem quite ready to do that. I will need to be more disciplined with my time so I can do the things I want to do and get the proper sleep. 

I think the key will be to start off small and be consistent. It might be neat to document it all too. So far, Day 1 is off to a good start. Here is hoping that I can continue to fight the good fight and keep up with my work, school, and family commitments. We shall see!

No comments: