Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sunset: Reflections on 2015



This past year was a hard one. In April my brother died which was quite devastating to my family. John was a special person and will be sorely missed. I have written much about our loss and will likely be talking more about it in 2016.

My race year turned out pretty well considering the level of grief I experienced. I had a good time training and racing and was pleased with most of my results. However, as some of you know, I crashed out of Ironman Louisville and spent 6 weeks doing nothing while I healed. I am still not 100 percent recovered but I am making very good progress on my healing and on my fitness. 

And now, rather than dwell too much on 2015, I am looking forward towards 2016. I will be racing what some might say is a whole lot. For now, this is what my schedule looks like (see below). No doubt I will add a few more shorter races here and there. 

Special thanks to Melissa for always being there for me. 

Saturday, April 9th - Monument Ave 10K
Saturday, April 23rd - White Lake Half Triathlon
Saturday, April 24th - White Lake Sprint Triathlon
Sunday, June 5th - Naylor's Beach International Triathlon
Sunday, June 26th - Robious Sprint Triathlon
Sunday, July 10th - Rev3 Williamsburg Half Triathlon
Sunday, July 31st - Culpeper International Triathlon
Saturday, October 1st - Ironman Maryland
Saturday, November 12th - Richmond Marathon

Is that a lot of races? 


No comments: