Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chasing Chics Follow Up

The results from the race are posted on the RichmondMultiSports.com website. As I mentioned before, I think, I came in 60th place. But there were only 86 finishers. I am not sure what happened to the rest of the field. I was the second slowest swimmer in my age group with 6:54. I was the slowest on the bike in my age group (44:51) and I was the second fastest on the run in my age group (22:10). Not bad overall but I need to work on getting the bike and swim times down as well as my transition time. My T1 time was 3:22 which is pretty long.

The guy who won did the swim in 4:01, had a T1 time of 1:07, did the bike in 31:08, and then did the run in 16.27. All I can say is WOW! He ended up beating the first woman by 9 seconds to win the cash. Again, WOW!

I am resting this week and rehabbing my knee. Saturday I have a monster bike ride planned and then a new phase of training begins on Sunday. I will be doing longer swims and longer bike rides as well as some interval work on the bike. Plus I will be doing long runs off the bike and continue with my track work. The next race will be here before you know it. Speaking of races, I decided a while back not to do the Duo this weekend. That would have been a little too much.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

allenq said...

Sounds like just finishing the race was quite an accomplishment, considering roughly 35 did not!

You did really well!!!