Thursday, March 31, 2011

It is a bad knee week

As race day approaches I have to report that my knee has been bothering me more than usual this week. On Wednesday I was sitting on the ground in the data center at work for a while. When I got up, my knee was hurting. As the day went on, I realized that my knee was feeling pretty bad. I was able to do my Wednesday evening run. However, it did hurt more than normal.

I started a regimen of Motrin Wednesday evening after my run and have kept it going. The pain I am feeling is different than what I usually experience. My knee has this spot that is actually tender to the touch in addition to being painful when I walk around and go up and down stairs. What a major bummer.

I have been icing and stretching in an effort to improve it. Usually that works pretty well but it does not seem to be helping this particular manifestation.

I am still planning to run hard and do well in the 10K but this is a little bit of a set back. I guess we will see how it goes.

2 comments:

M Rosen said...

so sorry to hear that it is not feeling better. Hopefully the Motrin will keep it to a minimum.

allenq said...

That is a bummer for sure, especially to happen just a day or two before the race.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.